Fresh
TerryBerry

McConaughy's (sp?) last mumbled line

I have watched the last episode 3 times, the last one at a very high volume, and still can't make out what he said. They were talking about the darkness of the sky and the light of the stars. What is it about American film and TV directors/producers who think we can understand mumbled lines, and worse yet, mumbled lines from an actor with a southern accent. Also, as there is no way to contact HBO directly with a "Contact Us" link, does anyone know how one can get a copy of the entire script. There were many philosophical narratives that got my interest. Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Fresh
MelanieH

Re: McConaughy's (sp?) last mumbled line

[ Edited ]

Do you mean "Once there was only dark. Now it seems like the light's winning"? Great quote. So many well-written lines in this series. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh
TerryBerry

Thanks, MelanieH! You have a great ear. It was right after Harrelson (sp?) said something about ... there being a lot of dark up there (the night sky). Now to somehow procure a copy of the entire script.  Thanks, again.

Please use plain text.
Fresh
DianeA

I agree that McConaughy gave a great performance especially in the last episode, but at the same time the mumbling drove me to wanting to give up watching. I rewound the DVR three times to catch that last line and only understood it when I went online to read a review.

Please use plain text.
Active
FanoftheFang

Closed captions are your friend.

Please use plain text.
Fresh
true2bill

That's really the fault of the sound department, the director, and the editor.  When lines are mumbled or drowned out by other noise, if they don't do another take, they should dub it in ADR.  The actor goes in and says the line more clearly in a studio and it's dubbed into the film.

I found that line very difficult to hear also.

Please use plain text.