Community Manager
ToniL

Site Feedback and Support

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the new HBO.com Community! We are very excited about the new site and hope you will be as well.

The best way to become familiar with the new layout is to simply look around, however, below are a few general tips to get you started, including how to change your avatar, create a new topic, post to an existing topic, search for topic or user, bookmarking and private messaging. For more detailed information you can visit the Help section or post any questions you may have here.

We look forward to your feedback and continued participation in the community.

Thank you.

How to change your avatar:

Since some older series avatars were removed and the sizing increased, some users will have to upload/choose a new avatar.

Sign in to your community account.

1. Go to My Settings > Avatars.
  2. Choose a new avatar in one of these ways:
    • Choose an avatar from the Community collection. (Choose an avatar collection and click the avatar your want.)
    • Use an image from your Image Gallery. (Click From Image Gallery and click the image you want.) You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved.

How to find a forum:

All content on the site is arranged by category, Series, Sports, Documentaries, Movies, etc. To locate the forum you are looking for, click on navigation bar located on the left of each category and forum listing page. You can also use the breadcrumb trail at the top of each page to navigate within forums.

How to reply to a topic or post:

Use the Reply button in a post to write a response to a particular post. You'll see a screen similar to the Post Topic screen. There are a few differences:

• When you reply to a post, the subject line will be filled in for you automatically. You can change it if you want.
  • You can use the Quote button to paste the post to which you are replying into the body of your reply.
  • You can also use the Quick Reply option which allows you to comment inline, as opposed to opening a new window, however you will not have the option to highlight, quote or perform a spell check on when using Quick Reply.

How to create a new topic:

1. Click on the forum category you wish to create your topic in (i.e., Series: Game of Thrones).
  2. Click the Create New Topic button at the top of the forum (in yellow).
  3. Add you subject line and topic description in the body and click Post. 

Please note: We now have Search! Before creating a new topic please search the community to ensure the topic you wish to create does not already exist. Redundant/duplicate topics will be deleted. 

To search the Community, type keywords for your topic into the Search Community text box and click the search icon. A page of search results will be displayed. Browse the search results in the same manner you would a forums. For more ways to use Search,  please visit the Help section here.

How to bookmark:

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To bookmark a piece of content:

1. Go to the item you want to bookmark.
  2. To bookmark a location, choose (Location) Options > Bookmark this...
    To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Bookmark this...

To view and manage your bookmarks:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Bookmarks.
    You can click a bookmark to go to the item.
  3. To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks

How to send a Private Message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.

Please use plain text.
Established
NicoleB

Re: Site Feedback and Support

[ Edited ]

hi Toni. when you say.....

• You can use the Quote button to paste the post to which you are replying into the body of your reply.

where do we find this quote button? in both reply to post and quick reply to post i do not see it. thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Active
FanoftheFang

Toni,

I do not see a Quote button. Can you help?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
ToniL

[ Edited ]

hi Toni. when you say.....

where do we find this quote button? in both reply to post and quick reply to post i do not see it. thank you. 

Yeah, I don't see it either but it was there! I'll check into it and let you know. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
ToniL

There seems to be an issue with the Quote button -- I can't find it either! 

We're looking into that -- as well as the sign in issues. 

Sorry guys -- please bare with me. 

Please use plain text.
Active
FanoftheFang

A few bugs were to be expected. Thanks for all your hard work, Toni.

Please use plain text.
Established
JusticeOne

Well done Toni. Vast improvement.

Please use plain text.
Established
NicoleB

also Toni, i blocked Justice One but still continue to see his posts. 

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
ToniL

[ Edited ]

I appreciate all your patience.

It seems we have a few bugs to work out and we are doing our best to get them resolved as quickly as possible.

There is currently an issue with sign in and the missing Quote button from the reply screen. 

As for the Ignore feature -- it currently only allows you to Ignore/Block receipt of private messages from a particular user. We hope the next phase of system updates will include the full option to Ignore seeing users posts/comments. 

Please post any other issues you may find in this thread so we can ensure everything is captured/reported.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Established
NicoleB

also Toni, how do we find old topics such as What's On and the Music thread?

i've been looking but i can't find a feature that allows you to go back more than 10 threads. the redevelopment is kind of frustrating. it doesn't seem like many of the requests were answered. 

Please use plain text.