HBO Insider
cpeditto

Submit Your 'Overtime' Questions for March 21, 2014

Bill and his roundtable guests - Errol Morris, Shane Smith, Sheila Bair, Rep. Keith Ellison  and Simon Schama  - answer fan questions after Friday's show. 

Selected questions will be answered on HBO.com immediately following the premiere. Please be aware that concise (50 words or less) single topic questions have the best chance of being selected, so the shorter and more specific you can be, the better. 

Visit the Real Time homepage right after the show to watch Overtime LIVE. 

Please use plain text.
Active
BobD

Re: Submit Your 'Overtime' Questions for March 21, 2014

Do insects have souls?

P.S. Well, they are being killed/"murdered" by the billions everyday.

Please use plain text.
Fresh
EvanArvig

[ Edited ]

Congressman Ellison, with the tidal wave building for marijuana legalization, when do you believe Minnesota will have a regulated market for recreational Cannabis? 

Please use plain text.
Active
shanen

People who choose to succeed by being EVIL?

I think Flight 370 ended with a mass murder and elaborate suicide, leading to the question: Can we have freedom without the freedom to go absolutely insane?

P.S. My current theory is that one pilot killed the other and then suffocated the passengers and flight crew by flying high and cutting off their emergency oxygen. Then he flew far away and gently ditched the plane, so there is no wreckage to find because the plane sank in one piece, and no life rafts or survivors because they were all dead. I only wish I could imagine something less horrifying and disheartening, but...

Please use plain text.
Fresh
axhaydn

In your Opinion,  where did we lose sight that Government was meant to achieve a result?  Rather than serve to prop up the establishment further?

Please use plain text.
Active
shanen

I can't resist answering that question. It's a kind of failure of projection that has resulted in the collapse of democracy in America. On the business side, they were correct to believe people will work harder if they have a real stake in the success of the business. Democracy should work the same way, in that society will succeed if they (the citizens) have a real stake in the success of the government. Unfortunately, the so-called winners of the business game got too greedy and decided they had to rig the system. No limit to how much money they want, and they have become too desperate to squeeze the last drops of blood out of the turnips (poor people) and to convert the rest of the people (the middle class) into turnips.

This is the growth model of a cancer, and it has to end the same way: The host (American society) will die--and take the cancer with it.

Now for the sad punchline. The super-rich super-greedy bastards will simply emigrate to other countries and quite possibly do the same thing again.
Please use plain text.
Active
shanen

Now for something completely different?

What do you call the fear of returning a book to the wrong library?

P.S. Just joking, but it's at least as good a question as the first one. Even worse, while I think it's a stupid and pointless question, even as a joke, it's about as good as some of the questions you have selected for actual asking during Overtime.

Please use plain text.
JJ
Active
JJ

Re: Now for something completely different?

Hey Bill, it wasn’t Sarah Palin that said “I can see Russia from my house” it was Tina Fey.

Please use plain text.
Active
BobD

[ Edited ]

Which party would benefit if they came out and said, "Yeah , the ACA or Obamacare or Romoneycare got some flaws but they can change for the better, not for the worst".

SS and Medicare and Medicaid had many problems for yrs. How long this wonderful law has been in operation, 6 months??

P.S. "Future's generations' will be burdened with our debts", HS/Horseshit, Just tax the living be-jesus out on Booze, legal drugs(the mind-altering ones), and firearms. If you wanna play then you gotta pay.

Please use plain text.
Active
BobD

Debris has been spotted off of Aust. west coast about 1500 miles away.

They sent an US Anti-Submarine Plane out there to check it out.

Only problem, the plane is returning for refueling. WTH!

P.S. I thought we have the abilities of refueling planes and choppers that are in flights. 

Please use plain text.