Fresh
JefD

HELLO LADIES Has Been Cancelled

That's is right fans. Stephen Merchant's show will wrap up with a HELLO LADIES special to air sometime in 2014. That is what they did with Warwick Davis' LIFE'S TOO SHORT.  

Please use plain text.
Fresh
IrishGoomba

Re: HELLO LADIES Has Been Cancelled

I hate to hear the news I really thought they could have easily got a couple more seasons.  I get sometimes English humor doesn't translate to the states. In America we seem to enjoy a bad sitcom like How I Met Your Mother, and not a smart real life type comedy like this show.  Really in  IMO think HBO made a mistake by the cancelation just like they did with Luckie Louie, How To Make It In America.  I'm really happy HBO is going to do what I've always said every other cancelled show should do when they cancel the show quiclky. Tie up the show with movie or special to end a great show right. HBO is still the best of bringing out new and great shows every year just give those shows some running room.

Please use plain text.
Fresh
RicSteal

No Way! We binged watched this show after seeing Stephen on Bill Maher. The story lines hit so close to home. How can a show that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster get cancelled? It's one of the better comedies on HBO! It's certainly better than "Ja'mie: Private School Girl"

Please use plain text.
mrT
Fresh
mrT

Sorry to hear HL has been cancelled after season one. As with How to make it in America, I believe it is one of those shows that takes longer to develop critical mass in viewers, but when it does, it develops a loyal fan base. 

HBO need realize, like Netflix has with House of Cards, that viewing patterns have turned upside down. I don't pay attention to any TV show while it airs on TV, I don't have time for it and wait until the full season is available on demand. If HBO continue to measure shows success by ongoing TV season ratings it has lost already

I wish there was more room for original and intelligent series like HL and How to make it..alongside of the teenage vampire crap. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh
HBOisallineed

Same here! That was the first time I had seen Stephen Merchant on Real Timer and thought he was hilarious. Watched the show and was really impressed with the story line and acting.

Hope HBO finds him something else soon.

Please use plain text.
Fresh
AdamD

I had the pleasure of watching this show on Showcase here in Australia on Foxtel and really got interested in the antics of Stephen Merchants character Stuart.

It is a real shame that this program was given a renew for a second season as I am sure it would of become a hit definitely here in Australia :smileysad:

Look forward to the special though that will wrap up this fantastic show.

I wish we could get all the fans worldwide to rally for this series somehow maybe even if another network has to pick it up.
Please use plain text.
Fresh
mellie120

I could not agree more; Hello Ladies was by far the absolute best series on tv / cable this past year.  It was so intelligent and funny, and the characters were really beginning to develop.  How can you cancel Hello Ladies after only one season (along with Enlightened, too, by the way - which was terrific), yet keep series that have long out-lived their creativity and spark, such as Eastbound and Down and Girls, running season after season?  Honestly, if HBO keeps cancelling original and smart series like Hello Ladies and Enlightened, while continuously pushing subpar creations for whatever reason (media driven, political?), I may seriously cancel my subscription. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh
AndrewF2014

Unfortunately, Americans don't get British humor.  

I am British by descent and when I say things to my friends they will look at me like I have six eyes.

They don't understand why I have a British acccent either if I was born in the states (British grandmother)

Please use plain text.
Fresh
tanyathelionhearted

So I just finished seeing this series on Amazon Prime and I have to say that I really feel like HBO really blew it by canceling it earlier this year. It's one of the most intelligent and funny comedies I've seen in ages. I loved everything about it, from casting to setting, etc. I feel like it wasn't given enough of a chance to build-up ratings. I'm so disappointed in 99% of what's aired. Finally there's something great and you ditch it almost right out of the gate. I just wish that tv execs would give our audiences a bit more credit. We want clever, creative programming, ok?! Get your heads out of the sand and get a clue.

Please use plain text.