Fresh
JenL

A STORM OF SWORDS PART ONE: STEEL AND SNOW

Because Thoros the Red Priest keeps bringing him back to life. Magic, it seems, is resurging in the world. Wonder if it has anything to do with dragons hatching and White Walkers creating wights?
Please use plain text.
Fresh
Vered W.

Spoiler! Or maybe not?? Read at your own risk. ;-)

And Lord Beric isn't the only one the Red Prist (not Pristess) brings back to life. ;-)
That's not really a spoler.... be then some would think it is. Wait to the end of the book! :-)
Please use plain text.
Fresh
kimb374

I have finished part one Steel and Snow...started part two Blood and Gold....Just a question the Red Priestess Melisandre and the Red priest Thoros do they share the same goals ? and who is more powerful ???
Please use plain text.
Fresh
Travis Dawson

They both serve the same god...but it's very easy to serve the same god and have contradictory goals.

I suppose they're both looking for Azor Ahai reborn, but in different places. I don't know if either one even knows about the other, but they'd each probably think the other one was a dangerous lunatic. As far as power goes, Melisandre is the only one who's actually studied and practiced her sorcery...Thoros has been a drunken lazy bum most of his life. If it ever came to a fight between them, I'd put my money on her.
Please use plain text.
Fresh
kimb374

@ Travis D. Thankyou for the explaining to me of the red priest/priestess I'd like to think Thoro's was more powerful as I like him...SPOILER PART TWO ( Blood and Steel).....I am too upset just read the wedding scene...angry does not come close had to put the book down !!!.. why did Robb have to be killed??? must all the Starks die....I want Jamie L dead and I want Walder Frey to die a slow and very painful death.... It is clear to me the GRR. Martin has his favourite characters eg Jamie, Tyrion ,Danny, Jon, Arya, Davos as all these characters have their own chapters in the books even Catelyn..but even she has been murdered now...GRR Martin please redeem yourself..I can see why Ned had to die...but this is just too much to take for your loyal readers :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Fresh
Vered W.

answerring Kim so Kinda a spoiler...

Kim - I know what you mean. I love Rob too and the Red Wedding just pissed me off! I was totally angry and upset. Those Starks are getting f*cked up no matter where they turn! But I have no idea what's in-store for the rest in the last book so I hoding on faith.
The end of SoS (I guess it's part 2 - I have both in one) made me feel a little better.....
Please use plain text.
Fresh
kimb374

@Vered W. It's so annoying !!!..as I am not keen on Jon Snow and he is the only adult Stark left and quite frankly what use his he going to be when he is in the Nightswatch...Sansa, Arya, Rickon and Bran are all too young to even seek revenge on those that have betrayed the Starks and the list of traitors is very long..what are they going to do?? They have an aunt Lysa at tha Vale..but she hasn't lifted a finger to help her kin folk...
Please use plain text.
Fresh
JenL

Kim: Don't be so sure to count out the younger Starks or underestimate their ability and desire for revenge...
Please use plain text.
Fresh
Vered W.

Kim@ - did you get to the end (the epilogue) yet? Read it! It won't change what happened at the wedding but it would definitely give you hope. It was hard to finish it but it was worth it! When I finished reading the Epilogue I was so shocked I just ran to the next one (book)!

I know what you mean I had a bad feeling about that wedding. And I hated what happend there! I just couldn't breath while reading and if I wasn't the book-worm that I am (having to finish every book I start) I'd leave the book right there and then. And I'll miss.... well you know who..... he was one of my favorites and I wept for him. But I guess things can't be much worse... or at least I hope they can't.....

And I have to agree with Jen. Don't underestimate the little ones. Bran is going to be great! and Arya is a lot of potential.
Please use plain text.
Fresh
Bayard T.

Kim, don't be so upset about the Red Wedding... GRRM planned it from the beginning, al the strong Starks were supposed to die, Ned, Cat, even Robb who was probably better then his father. As you say, the only "grownup" remaining is Jon, who is stuck at the Wall. A Song of Ice and Fire is from one point of view, a story about the Stark children, their revenge, and the reclaiming of their lands and power. GRRM wanted to make after A Storm of Swords a huge jump in time, 8-10 years.... so Rickon, Arya and Bran would have been 15-20, but things didn't go according to plan. It was easy for their stories to jump.... but not for the others, it would have become too complicated to explain 10 years from memories and stuff like this....

So, after a long time, GRRM decided to continue without the jump.... he found ways for the stories of the Stark children to develop even if they are so young. As for Jon Snow, well... his story is IMO the best, north of the Wall. Although I didn't especially like Jon in the first books, he grows on you bit by bit, especially in AFFC and ADWD.

I will add only one more thing: the title of the last book is now A Dream of Spring.... but GRRM first intended for it to be named: "A Time for Wolves!!!" (it was a little bit too spoilerish so he changed it). So.... keep reading :smileyhappy:), by the end things will get better without a doubt!!! :smileyhappy:)
Please use plain text.